Tribune Media Group Websites Break Records With Blizzard CoverageFebruary 3, 2011
February 2nd was a day in Tribune history in Chicago. Tribune Chicago websites including Chicagotribune.com, WGNTV.com and CLTV.com set an all time page view record with 26.7 million combined views. Chicagotribune.com had record breaking views in a single hour hitting a staggering 1,395,163 views between 1pm and 2pm yesterday.
This site traffic is a true testament that Tribune Media Group is the go-to source during critical times in Chicago. In the middle of extreme weather, the Chicago area turned to Tribune for up to the minute coverage on road closures, train delays and safety information. We connect with our readers bringing them vital information online, in print and through mobile when they need it most and how they want it.
Individual Site traffic records from February 2nd include:
- ChicagoTribune.com topped its previous one day record of 15.2M page views – set November 5th, 2008 the day after the election – with a new record of 17M page views
- For the two days of February so far, ChicagoTribune.com and Breaking News have delivered over 25M page views.
- WGN-TV and the Weather Center also set a record of their own with 7M
- CLTV also set a single day record with nearly 100,000 page views
- Breaking News set a local page view record with over 833,000 for the day